Thursday, September 1, 2011

Every Race starts with a Step...

...And every blog must start with a word!! (or in this case a ...) So here we go, a few weeks late in getting started as I can be a procrastinator. My name is Sara, and I am a 36 year old (ahem...) Girl, planning to run my first marathon this November. My sister, Naomi is another of the "Girls" on the run (I wont list her age here in case she wants that private, but fyi she is my baby sister). Our mother, Holly, is the third "Girl" on the run who while is old enough to be our mother, definitely doesn't look it.

The purpose of this blog is to journal our journey, our trials and our triumphs as we trek our way towards our maiden marathon. Hopefully all three of us will participate in the blog, and possibly even annoy (or amuse) one another by our unique writing, and running styles along the way.

The marathon we have chosen as our first, is considered one of the most difficult in the world, but is also modeled after the original route, run 2501 years ago in the country of Greece. We are traveling to Athens from three locations: me from California, my sister from the East Coast, and our mom will be heading there from the Pacific Northwest. As we continue to add to this blog, we will fill you, the reader (ie, our hubbies and maybe our mothers, heehee) in on more details.

As of this blog entry, there are 72 days and 11 hours of torture...err, training left till our big day. My left big toe is sore and my neck is sore. I ran 6 miles at 9.30 pace in 90 degree heat today on shaded trails. Thought I was going to die. To date I have gained one pound which is to be expected after burning thousands and thousands of calories running five days a week. My longest run has been 14 miles. I wear Brooks Ravenna. I may be the only contributor to this blog but hopefully my sis and mom will chime in as well - I will just make things up about them until they feel they need to set the record straight. Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment