Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Loyal Little Sister

I guess I should introduce myself as the “bad” of the good, bad, and the ugly. Sara really is the mastermind behind this whole marathon thing. Being the loyal little sister that I am, I agreed to put my body through the torture of running 26.2 miles.

My training really has no rhyme or reason to it as I am basically a follower. If Mom says she’s running 16 miles this weekend, then I guess I am, too. My longest run so far was at the Virginia Beach half marathon over Labor Day weekend. There were bands of all genres playing along the route to take my mind off the pain. It was so much fun that I am going to sign up for it again next year. I also ran into Bret Michaels (literally) so that was pretty exciting. What were his body guards doing anyway?

As a Soldier in the Army, we don’t really run more than 5-6 miles during mandatory physical training (PT) for an hour every morning from 0630-0730. Aside from that, I have virtually no self-discipline to do anything physically active. I have no discipline with my diet either. So far, my post run meals have been all-you-can-eat buffets. I do enjoy them, and I always get my money’s worth. : )

Since I was feeling like crap this weekend, I ran about 4 miles, turned around and went home. I’m planning on running 16 miles tomorrow. Whatever happens, I will blog to let you know what happens. Hopefully my Brooks Ghost 4s will be on my porch when I get home tonight…

1 comment: